What personal data do you collect when I visit the www.scg.com.gh website?
We do not require registration for you to access www.scg.com.gh, but if you participate in any of the activities or services offered by the website, we will collect the personal data that we need in order to provide you with those services, such as your name, job title, email address, employer’s name, and telephone number. We may also collect technical information such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, details of the pages you visit on www.scg.com.gh, other pages you visit on the Web, and which browser you used to view www.scg.com.gh.
This website collects standard internet log and technical data to measure and improve the effectiveness of this website, to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer this website, to see where website traffic is coming from and to identify our users. We may also collect other information via www.scg.com.gh, such as website usage activity and preferences, also known as demographic or profile data. In this connection we may use “cookies” to collect this information.
We do not seek to collect any special category personal information from you on www.scg.com.gh, such as information in respect of your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other similar beliefs, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal record. Where you provide such personal information to us voluntarily, your doing so will constitute your explicit consent to us using that information in connection with the purpose for which it has been provided.
What do you use personal data collected through the www.bdo.co.uk website for?
When we collect personal information from you in the following circumstances, we will use it for the stated purposes of your interaction with us which include when you:
- subscribe to any of our insights, e.g., newsletters, events
- subscribe to any of our blogs
- register to attend an event
- contact us to request further information
- request to download a document, e.g., report, newsletter.
We aim to collect the minimum amount of information necessary to enable us to deal with your request. We will indicate where the provision of information is voluntary or compulsory. We would normally only request additional information to enable us to provide the most appropriate response to your request.
Unless you ask us not to, we may also use your data to contact you with information about our business, services and events, and other information which may be of interest to you.
Where we process personal data for the above purposes, we rely on the following lawful bases:
Where it is in our, or a third party’s, legitimate interests, provided that:
- the processing is necessary to pursue the legitimate interests;
- the interests of the data subjects do not override the legitimate interests;
- and the data subjects have the right to:
- request deletion of their personal data, provided they object to our processing and their interests override our own or a third party’s;
- restrict processing of their personal data, provided they object to the necessity of the processing. In such circumstances, processing may be restricted for such time as to allow us to investigate their objections;
- and object to the processing of their personal data in circumstances where such processing is necessary for a legitimate interest, or where processing is used for marketing purposes.\
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.